Regional Sales Manager - India
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Job Number: 1024
Regional Sales Manager, India (Location: India)
Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Director, India, the Regional Sales Manager, India will have oversight responsibility for the West and North India region. The Regional Sales Manager, India will be responsible for delivering the financial results and drive growth performance in India business. He/She will put forward a strategic vision for the business and lead the implementation of sales, marketing, and market access initiatives in the region.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Develop near and mid-term strategic plans for the business to exceed sales goals and achieve maximum sales in the assigned region
- Develop and execute business plans for targeted accounts and complete a regional business analysis for management review on a quarterly basis
- Maintain ongoing business planning with channel partners in the region; this includes periodic business reviews with partners and their core teams including sales, finance, and supply chain
- Manage time effectively; prioritize and make good business judgments and decisions in relationship to efficiency, effectiveness while meeting daily call expectations
- Update and sync all relevant customer account information into Hologic’ s Data Management System daily or other system required
- Collaborate with marketing, application, service team, other Hologic colleagues and external partners to drive business and customer satisfaction in the assigned region
- Monitor current trends in geographies – detecting possible consequences and impact specific to Hologic products as well as competition
The successful candidate will have experience at a large global company, but he/she must also be entrepreneurial with an in-depth understanding of the India business and regulatory environment. He/She must be able to excel within a result-oriented environment where revenue growth and profitability are emphasized. This is a customer facing role, and candidates should be adept at learning the business and representing Hologic internally and externally. Strong communication skills and executive presence are prerequisites, as are product knowledge and a high degree of technical competency.
The candidate should have a broad base of leadership experience working within a global medical devices/ diagnostics or capital equipment manufacturer. In addition, candidate should have demonstrated solid upward career progression on the commercial side of their past businesses. Candidate must also be creative, strategic, accountable and decisive.
Hologic is seeking a proven, pragmatic sales leader who is driven to increase market share in India. He/She must be a hands-on change agent, capable of managing the requirements of the position while remaining mindful of existing cultures and competencies of newly acquired businesses. Leading by example, collaborating, facilitating continuous improvement, and openly communicating across all levels of the organization will be critical. In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
- 5-10 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in global organizations
- Proven multi-channel sales management experience with a preference for capital experience and/or medical devices/ diagnostics
- Proven track-record of delivering sustainable business results with a growth mind-set
- Demonstrated success with maintaining existing customer contracts and establishing new business opportunities that measurably increase market share and growth
- Demonstrated strategic, conceptual, and analytical skills, including a solid understanding of relevant sales and marketing campaigns
- Multi-national company experience with specific success working for US-based or Europe-based companies
- Proven experience managing government relations and key tenders. Previous experience in the medical device / diagnostics industry is desirable
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively interact with all levels of the company
- Ability to travel throughout India
- English fluency is a must and a solid understanding of the assigned region is desired
- Willing to work in a lean organization with significant growth potential
Qualification / Education
- An undergraduate degree is required. An MBA or other advanced degree is highly desired.
- A competitive compensation package to include base, incentives will be provided to the selected candidate.
Job Number: 1024
Community / Marketing Title: Regional Sales Manager - India
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mumbai, Maharashtra IN