Legal and Compliance Manager
Location: Tokyo - Japan, Tokyo JP
Job Number: 1043
- To provide a full range of commercial and corporate legal services to the Hologic Business and HR function in doing so act as a business partner to internal clients as well as an ethical leader for the benefit of the corporation as a whole.
- To assist in the standardization of Healthcare legal documents such as distribution, consultancy, clinical trials and other healthcare business related agreements The Japanese Legal function will be highly customer, client and compliance oriented, with particular emphasis on proactive legal services to ensure maximum self-empowerment and preventative advice for the client. The Legal Counsel will provide local law and language expertise to all the Hologic Japan businesses within the country and a variety of legal topics including the following:
- The Legal Counsel is responsible for developing and implementing Hologic’s overall compliance strategy and programs within APAC region, including working with Business leaders, Finance, Human Resource and other functions in APAC region to identify compliance risks and provide solutions, developing and enhancing compliance programs.
- Contracts, including Procurement / Purchasing, Facilities (eg: Real estate lease and property), Outsourcing Agreements, Sub-Contracting, Agency, and other Distribution / Sales agreements.
- Ethics & Legal/Corporate Governance
- Implementation of Hologic Code of Conduct, Hologic Policies Compliance and training including FCPA.
- Labour relations***
- Hologic Japan Country GM will collaborate with International Corporate Legal Department to set its objectives on an annual basis and Legal counsel will be responsible to work under supervision and leadership of the Asia Pacific Counsel to help implementing in its assigned territory the International Legal Department objectives, policies, and processes, and in particular:
- Take a lead to manage speak up system, provides support on artbitration, court cases or external unions, or provides consultation on labour related issues, run disciplinary committee as a member.
- Harmonization. Ensure harmonized implementation of the International Legal Department objectives, guidelines including Corporate Governance, and Standard of Approval processes.
- Outside counsel consolidation and legal expenses reduction. Help assessing the legal needs from your business with a view to consolidate outside counsel network within your region, and help cutting legal costs.
- Training & Compliance Program. Help the International Legal Department to develop specific training & compliance program for the managers of the assigned Hologic division.
- 5 to 7 year experience gained in either major International law firm and/or multinational engaged in the healthcare industry;
- Work experience in Japan is a must
- Communication capability in English is a must;
- Experience in operating in a multi level management environment, with the confidence to challenge and prioritise according to business needs and in accordance with internal and external regulations
- Outstanding Communicator and Team Player;
- High Personal Integrity
- Computer literate with good learning agility to confidently manage emerging technologiesThe following personal qualities are key to success within the Hologic Law Department:
- Strong problem- solving and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive, self-driven, positive attitude and motivated;
- Customer-orientated, responsive Team player; and
- Learning – a capacity to continuously identify areas for one’s own personal development together with a genuine ability to absorb guidance and feedback, resulting in tangible improvements.
Job Number: 1043
Community / Marketing Title: Legal and Compliance Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo - Japan, Tokyo JP