Product Manager - BSH
Location: Tokyo - Japan, Tokyo JP
Job Number: 983
At Hologic, we’re an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day. We are also a company that prospers and grows, which is why we’ve been able to expand our offerings to empower even more people and champion women’s health.
What powers our growth across Breast & Skeletal Health, Diagnostics, GYN Surgical and Medical Aesthetics Solutions is also what differentiates us: the exceptional and clinically proven capacity of our products to detect, diagnose and treat illnesses and other health conditions earlier and better. This clinical superiority creates high expectations, which we fulfill by continually challenging ourselves to improve health through better technology, education and market access.
None of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our expertise and dedication to developing and sharing more robust, science-based certainty drives our global presence and a promising pipeline that responds to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities.
While we focus on women’s health and well-being, we are committed to having an even broader benefit on the world. Together, we advocate for better health and wellness through solutions that provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind.
We are seeking a Product Specialist who will evaluate market environments and translate information into marketing strategies. Work closely with sales team to drive the share and develop market with innovative diagnostic product line of Hologic.
- Develop event campaigns to generate product awareness and to plan product launches through liaison with advertising and public relations companies
- Develop sales tools, sales training material and conduct product presentations - create documents, such as 仕様書、技術仕様書、選定理由書、構成図、比較表 configuration
- Supply sales with latest research and marketing information to keep abreast with market trends and competitor activities
- Create and implement marketing plans in conjunction with all internal departments in order to drive sales and profitability - this is to be done in alignment with the overall product group strategies
- Educate the sales representatives on product positioning and market segmentation to ensure a complete understanding of the product
- To build and maintain a strong relationship with customers to gain information on market trends, deepen customer understanding, and promote our business
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- 3-5 years’ experience with product strategies and sales tactics
- Proven track record in product marketing and development tasks
- Ability to influence the situation for a positive outcome
Job Number: 983
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager - BSH
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo - Japan, Tokyo JP